Thursday, January 17, 2008

Because my public (or Sarah) demands an Update

The girls received a real sewing machine for Christmas from my mom. My aunt gave them a bunch of fabric all pre-cut into 5 inch squares and little sewing kits. At this point, Abi is only able to control the foot pedal, but it is a start. She layed out the fabric squares the way she wanted them and we worked together to make her first little quilt for her stuffed kitty. I just used fleece for the back so that we didn't have to use batting, but it still feels like a quilt. We just did a quick turn and then topstitched the edges. Used the zig-zag stitch down the middle of the seams to quilt it all together and in less than an hour she had made her first quilt. She and Emma have each made another one since, as well as 2 little pillows.

Last Saturday was her Princess Party. She loved the outfit that mom and I made for her. We had a princess party for Emma when she turned 4 and have similar pictures of her and Curt dancing. I treasure the pictures so much and understand that all too soon they will pictures of them dancing at their weddings with their daddy.
This is my feeble attempt at a princess castle. There may have been cursing involved. I started out the day thinking how much fun it would be to plan children's parties and decorate cakes as a side job. By the time I was done with this, all of those plans had completely fled out the window. All the Princesses had a wonderful time. They are popping balloons that had jewelry inside in the picture below. We were all quite tired when the party was done, but I think everyone lived happily ever after. The End.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grandma, is so proud of the quilts. Can't wait to see them.

Anonymous said...

Yay! I made your blog!!! :) I LOVE the cake, it's stinkin' amazing! And...is Mando wearing red cowboy boots?

Maren said...

Wow Sarah, you are observant! But they aren't cowboy boots, just funky ones...that Kelly says remind her of wrestling shoes. But she doesn't know what she is talking about :)

Salzwedel Family said...

Hello! Thanks for checking out our blog. We are from Marshfield and using Celebrate Children International to adopt from Children of the Promise in Haiti. I'd love to know more about the agency/orphanage you are using. Feel free to e-mail me at salzwedelfamily@verizon.net.
~ Stephanie
http://salzwedeladventures.blogspot.com

The Chicken Lady said...

What sweet pictures of the pretty princesses. What fun it is to have little girls and sew pink and purple quilts for their babies and bags and all kinds of little things that girls like. :) And your cake turned out adorable. I'm sure it was yummy too. :)